Monday, September 29, 2008

Our Weekend Activities...

Friday night, I went to a movie with Shawn's sister, Beth, Beth's friend, and Shawn's brother's wife, Michelle. We went and saw Night's in Rodanthe. I have to say that I liked the book a lot better, but I think I would feel differently had I saw the movie first. Isn't that the way it always is??? I LOVE Nicholas Sparks' books, though! He is a great writer and it's no wonder they make his books into movies (Message in a Bottle, A Walk To Remember, The Notebook, & now Nights in Rodanthe)! But the movie WAS good. It was fun to get out of the house and have a "Girls Night Out!"
My parents were in town (they live in Central Point, Oregon) for the weekend so we decided to meet up with them on Saturday morning at the Zoo (along with my brother, Jake, and his two kids, Jordan and Sophie). This was Kason's first experience at the Zoo and he had a blast! He would "examine" the animal he was looking at for a moment then he would get all excited and point and say, "WOW!" We spent the rest of the day with my parents in Salt Lake and later that night, we had a big dinner with my Dad's two sisters and their families.

The "famous" white alligator! They said he'll be gone "in a week and a half" so if you haven't seen him, get going!

Just some interesting info hahaha! Could you imagine giving birth to a 150 lb, 6 foot tall baby?!?! AND being pregnant for over a YEAR!!! Holy CRAP!!!

Kason was yelling at something here and I couldn't figure what! Finally after looking hard enough, I figured out he was yelling at this "little" animal:

I think he was trying to wake him up but he wouldn't budge! Haha!

***If you want to see more photo's of our Zoo trip, go to the "Our Family Life" site, click on "Album", then click on the "Zoo" photo.

Sunday morning was my niece's blessing. She is a sweet little girl! My parent's had to leave as soon as it was over. It was sad to see them go but hopefully we'll see them soon (I'm trying to plan a trip to Oregon in the next month or so).

4 comments:

The Shock's said...

oh how fun! I wish I could have came to the zoo with you guys to enjoy Kason's reactions we must plan a trip together soon now that he knows what its all about! And I have to comment that NIR was def not as good as the or his other 3 movies. I don't think I would have felt differently even if I didn't read the book first haha. Yes it was still a good movie and I'm glad we went just not one of his best. Now I can't wait for our "He's just not that into you date" he he he

Amy Piller said...

It was fun to see you guys this weekend, wish I could have slept over at Moms house too!

Kelley Rae said...

Jake sure has some cute cute kids - and that's so fun Russ & Renae were in town. My mom will be sad she didn't get to see your dad, maybe I just won't tell her :)

Stefani said...

fun!! i can't wait until jack is old enough to appreciate the zoo.