Monday, December 1, 2008

I LOVE this time of year!!!

First of all I need to tell you about Thanksgiving. I forgot my camera so there are no pictures but we had a great day. We went to my grandparents house for Thanksgiving dinner. There were 37 people all together! It was crazy, but so nice to be with family. We then joined my aunts family for a little bit of bowling fun. Then we went off to my other aunts for some yummy pie. It was a long day but like I said it was so nice to be with all of my family. I love Thanksgiving because I feel it's a great "kickoff" to the Holiday season. We remember what we are thankful for right before a time when we give to others. My family (immediate, extended, and all of my in-laws!) and friends mean SO much to me and I am so grateful for ALL of them.

I love Christmas time. I love reading the "Christmas Story" and reminding myself what this time of year is really all about. I love the lights. I love the decorations. Yesterday I put up my Christmas decorations! I did it while Kason was taking a nap. When he woke up I had him walk into the living room and he saw the tree with all the lights on it and he just stood there looking at it. I had to push him a little to go closer. He just smiled and said "WOW!" Now he likes touching everything and pulling off all the ornaments! HAHA! (I must put a little plug in here that I DON'T love seeing decorations in stores before Halloween!!! We were at Walmart the day after Halloween and they were playing Christmas music! I have to wait till after Thanksgiving to put up anything haha!) I love the songs. I had to put some Christmas songs on here because I only get to hear them 1 month out of the year and I wanted to take full advantage! Christmas wouldn't be the same without Bing! Ever since I can remember, on Christmas morning, we (my brothers and I) would go wake up my parents and my Dad would go out in the living room and turn on the lights (on the tree) and turn on Bing Crosby! We would open our presents listening to the fabulous Christmas music of Mr. Crosby. It's a tradition I've continued with my little family. So enjoy some of my favorite songs of Bing! Like Thanksgiving, I love being with family during this time too. I love the special foods we eat ONLY at this time of year haha! I love having a little 2-year-old and watching him take in all of these things too. I could go on and on about things I love during this time of year but I think you get the idea! I'm just so grateful for Shawn and Kason and for the joy and love they bring to my life everyday!

I hope all of you have a WONDERFUL holiday season!

3 comments:

Amy Piller said...

Love the new blog look! And I love the season too!!!

Lawsons said...

Hey, I saw your blog address on the Shurtleff's blog. Your little boy is sooooo cute and grown up. I also want to get girl's camp ideas from you. Yep, it's my turn. Check out our blog at http://fromziontozion.blogspot.com

Mike and Nickie said...

You should take a picture of that tree so we can say "WOW" too.Glad you got all the christams decorations up. I am a bit of a slacker in that department. And I am glad you didnt finish that real tree story, because we are getting a real tree!