Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Kason's Birthday

As you read in a previous post, Kason turned 2 on Monday. Last night we celebrated his birthday with his cousin, Skyler (who turns 7 on the 20th) at Classic Fun Center in Layton. I'll get to the Classic details in a minute but I have to tell you what we got Kason for his Birthday. When we went to Enterprise back in October, Kason thought the glow-in-the-dark stars in one of the rooms were awesome so we had to get him some for his room too. So Shawn has had fun putting up TONS of stars in his room (I told him that if we ever move HE gets to take them ALL down haha!). We just figured we would make that his birthday present. He loves them! Every night, while the stars and "charging" (with the light on), we kiss him goodnight, lay him in his bed, and then we turn off the light and he says, "WOW!" It's so funny cause he says it every night! He also got a new pair of jammies that have stars and outerspace things on them. I also made him a star cake! Thanks to my cousin, Becky M, who gave me a great idea of making my own cake pan! Even though it took quite a while to make the pan, I thought it was fun to do. I would suggest NOT making a pan with sharp corners as I did with the stars! That was quite difficult, but I managed to get it done haha!
Ok now on to the party... As I said we went to Classic Fun Center. They had this thing called "Pirate's Cove" that was a huge Jungle Gym type thing. Of course I couldn't get Kason to climb up in it so instead he had fun playing with:Gates! Yes you heard me, he loved playing with the gates that lead into the different activities! Anytime I would pick him up to move him so people could get by, he would scream and kick his legs! Sheesh! I don't know if I'm ready for the "Terrible Two's" stage!!! Later I had a couple of his older cousins take him around:He also liked going in the bouncy thing (all for about 5 minutes haha!):Here are a couple pics of Kason's cousins:

Jordan

Mason (sorry the lighting was really bad there)

Terryn

Skyler - the Birthday Girl

Jake (my bro) and Jordan

Here are a couple of Kason opening his presents. I don't know if you can see his arm in the first photo, but he has wrist bands on it. He fidgeted with those all night! He hated wearing those and when we got in the car to head home he cried for me to take them off! I thought they were cute, though cause I've never seen wrist bands on such a tiny wrist before haha!

We had a fun time, and I think Kason did too for the most part. We sure love you, Kason!

2 comments:

Amy Piller said...

Wow you guys have been busy oh and I love the star cake

Erika said...

Birthday's are so fun! We sure do miss seeing him in nursery every week!