Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas Edition Tag

Just copy the questions and answer them on your blog!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper is funner to open but gift bags are cute and easy

2. Real tree or Artificial? We have an artificial one. After hearing my aunts story of taking her real tree down one year, I don't think I will EVER get a real tree!!! I wont go into detail in case you all have real trees haha!

3. When do you put up the tree? I like to put up my decorations sometime during the weekend after Thanksgiving. We put ours up last Sunday!

4. When do you take the tree down? After New Year's sometime

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but I have to do half eggnog, and half milk - it's too thick all by itself!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh my gosh! I have no idea...

7. Hardest person to buy for? Probably my parents or Shawn's parents

8. Easiest person to buy for? Kason haha!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yup I just bought a new one a couple weeks ago!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I definitely wouldn't call it the "worst" christmas gift but maybe a "weird" christmas gift - I think when I was 12 or something my Dad gave my brothers and I each a set of maglights (flashlights). My Dad laughed at me cause I guess I just had a puzzled look on my face. But now I LOVE them - they're awesome haha!!!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love all the sappy ones on Lifetime, but I also love Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? In November sometime, although I have good intentions of buying a lot sooner since Kason's birthday is in December as well, but it never happens!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think I have

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love to make stuffed mushrooms! They are soooo yummy and I usually make them around this time

16. Lights on the tree? Our artificial tree came with white lights on it and Shawn decided to add colored lights to it as well this year

17. Favorite Christmas song? I love them all!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I think we're stayin home this year, but last year we went to Shawn's parent's for Christmas

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixon, Comet, Cupid, Donner (I heard it's really Donder???), Blitzen, & Rudolph (when you answer this did you sing the song to remember haha)

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Niether! Everything is too heavy for our tree

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? I'm not a big fan of all the crowds everywhere and the traffic getting in and out of parking lots.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My Grandma Hill always gave us an ornament on her Birthday (Dec 18th) and since she has passed away, my parents continue the tradition. So my favorite ornament theme is just what she's given me, and what I've made throughout the years. It's kinda fun to remember the great times we had with Grandma as we put up the ornaments.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I don't know if I have a favorite but I guess we usually do ham, potatoes, and all that good stuff.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new crockpot hehe

I tag anyone who reads this... or whoever wants to do it. :)

2 comments:

Amy Piller said...

I always miss Grandma at this time of year. Are you coming down for 4th sunday this Sunday?

Amy Piller said...

I just read a comment on Lindsey's blog, are you really trying to get pregnant?