Friday, December 26, 2008

Whew, it's over...

Have you ever felt sad that Christmas is over? You spend so much time decorating and shopping, and listening to music, and watching good Christmas movies, and it's all over in one day?!?! Sometimes I feel sad, but this year I don't feel sad. We had a WONDERFUL Christmas and I'm so grateful I got to spend it with my awesome husband and my adorable son! This month was quite busy going to parties and all sorts of other crazy stuff, that I'm glad I can now relax. But I really do love this time of year and it's so fun to see Kason experience Christmas as he is getting older and thinks everything is so cool!

Tuesday night, we went to my grandparents house for the "Smith Party." We had a yummy dinner, put on a live nativity with all the grandkids, opened presents, and had some tasty ice cream and cookies. I got the privilege of making all the cookies and do you know how many I made?!?! Well I made a few more than I actually took but I had to try a few hehehe! I took 123 cookies!!! Here is a picture of the nativity in my grandparents backyard. Sorry it's dark, but you get the idea...
Wednesday night, we went to the "Dimond Party." We ate some good dinner, had some fun entertainment of karaoke, did the Hokey Pokey, and of course the fabulous pinata.

We were pretty lucky on Christmas morning - Kason didn't wake up till about 8:30! Santa brought him a little bike this year and he just loved it!
Oh wait! What's that?!?! Kason turned around and noticed the stockings, so he had to go check them out.
Now back to the bike!

It was hard to get Kason to open all of his other gifts because he was too excited about his bike! He kept going back to it haha!

What a disaster!!!

I got Shawn and Kason this fun Marble Racer thing. It keeps Kason VERY entertained!

Later that day, we went to my sister-in-law's parents house for lunch. They have this reindeer that sings and farts and every time it farted, Kason thought that was the funniest thing!!!

I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family. This Christmas was the best and as I mentioned, I'm not really sad it's over. I'm just excited to really try to keep the true meaning of Christmas in our home and hearts all year long.

3 comments:

Mike and Nickie said...

Christmas eve was a lot of fun this year. Your little man did so good at the pinatta. Glad you had a good and busy holiday.

Amy Piller said...

Sounds like lots of fun!

Becky and Bryce said...

I'm happy it's over too! It was so good to see you on Christmas Eve. Kason's such a cutie!