Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Nursery

Kason has been in Nursery for about 4 months and he hasn't enjoyed like I thought he would. He loves other kids so I thought - in June when he turned 18 months - that he would LOVE Nursery. But I was very wrong! He would last about 45 minutes then his teachers would bring him to me with tearful eyes. Then I was feeling really bad that I was making my baby do something that he really hated! BUT I wanted him to get used to it so I kept sending him in there.

This last Sunday was different, though! I work in the Primary now, so I told his teachers that if Kason has a hard time, they can take him to Shawn, who would be in the Gym for both of his meetings. After the first meeting, I peeked in the Gym to see if Shawn had Kason (and to give him the bag of books and snacks) and HE DIDN'T!!! After the second meeting and before Sacrament meeting, I went in to talk to Kason's teachers. I asked how he did and they said he cried for a few minutes but did great the rest of the time. YAY! I was so excited! So I walked into the chapel and saw Kason with Shawn sitting on the bench and Kason had his little crown on that he made. It was SO CUTE!!! He actually kept it on for awhile too (remember my previous posts saying that he hates wearing things on his head - so it surprised me that he kept it on!). I really wanted to take a picture with my phone but Shawn wouldn't let me take a picture in the Chapel!!! HAHA! I guess he had a point. Anyway we got home and I had to take a picture of Kason with his crown on (it says, "I can be an example"):
So we'll see if he stays the whole time next Sunday...

2 comments:

The Shock's said...

awww he's so cute! I'm glad he made it ALL the way thru Nursery! Skyler I had no problems with and she didn't want to graduate to jr primary Terryn would get so nervous if she couldn't find me she would chew holes thru her dress her fingernails til they would bleed so I spent all of her nursery year with her haha.

Kelley Rae said...

Wow - I've missed a lot. Guess I shouldn't wait so long to check in on you guys! I love Kason's angry face - I guess that must be what angry looks like in the Terry home cuz that's nothing compared to here! I also really like the sticky note idea, I'll have to try that. And yea, he made it through nursery! That's always a glorious day. Whew, I'll be sure to check in sooner next time.