Friday, October 24, 2008

I Finished!!!

I told you about Kason's quilt a couple posts ago... In case you forgot, I'll remind you haha! In May (I think) of 2007, I joined a quilt group in my Ward (when we lived in Bountiful). By July of that year, I finished the top of Kason's quilt. I bought the batting, the lining, and yarn to tie the quilt but it just sat for over a year! We went down to Shawn's parents for Conference Weekend and Shawn's Mom and Grandma (wonderful ladies, I might add!) helped me tie the quilt. So, 3 weeks later, I finally finished binding the quilt! Kason LOVES his quilt. He lays on it and rolls all over it and says, "WOW!!!" He's not in a "Big Boy" bed yet, but when he is, I can't wait to put this on his bed...

The back is just a solid blue:

Here is a close-up of one of the blocks:

2 comments:

Amy Piller said...

that is so cute. I am thinking of making a blanket for Grant for Christmas. Maybe I will get some help from you!

Kimmy said...

That is an awesome quilt, you did a great job. It made me think of your Mom for some reason, I guess the sewing stuff. Way to go.

-your cuz