Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What the Bucket Seat?!?!

Last night we went to Salt Lake (Murray) with a bunch of Shawn's family. His sister and brother-in-law, Laura & Lee, brought their son, Aaron, to Salt Lake to enter the MTC today (they live in Texas). As sort of a "Farewell Party" for Aaron, we all met at Pier 49 Pizza in Murray for dinner. Afterwards, those who wanted went to Murray Park. I have to say they sure don't make playground equipment like they did when I was a kid!!! These are just a few of the FUN "rides" they had at the playground:

But BY FAR the best "ride" there, was this:

THE BUCKET SEAT!!!

Oh my HECK!!! This was the craziest thing in the whole world!!! You would think "oh no that's just for kids," NO WAY!!! Shawn's fabulous sisters "made" all the adults ride this thing! You sit in there and you get someone to push you and around you go, faster and faster. You laugh because it feels so weird then all of a sudden you feel this wave of nausea go through your stomach and all through your body and it's "Ok STOP! I'm ready to get off now!" Then once you get off the thing it's the weirdest dizzyness you'll ever feel (I'm serious! I don't think I've ever felt that kind of dizzy before haha). Here are some great pictures of us all doing it:

Shawn & Kason











Me











Kason - he's lookin a little sick!










Donna (Shawn's sister)










Val (Donna's husband)













Laura (Shawn's sister)











Lee (Laura's husband)











Aaron (Lee & Laura's son, the missionary)










Aaron, again - I'm telling you, it's so hard to walk when you get out of it!










BethAnna (Shawn's sister)











Skyler (Beth's daughter)






Terryn (Beth's daughter)







JoEllen (Shawn's sister)








So if you're in the Murray Park area and want to go on a ride that's just as fun as a Lagoon ride, but FREE, you should definitely go ride the Bucket Seat!

Ok not that this blog is LONG ENOUGH, but I need to say one more thing to Aaron (even though you may not read this for 2 years haha) - good luck on your mission (he will be serving in the "Spanish Speaking Ogden, Utah" mission haha), you will do great! We love you buddy!








4 comments:

The Shock's said...

I love your new layout it's sooo pretty! I think that was the most fun night I've had all year! My head hurts thinking about it tho hahaha!

Tim and Marcia Allen said...

Once again, I'm SOOOOO Sad I missed everything!!!! Too bad we couldn't get Mom on it. . .

Amy Piller said...

Fun fun

Kelley Rae said...

I love that park, but I've never been daring enough to try to bucket seat myself. Next time! Love the new look too!