Thursday, October 8, 2009

5K

On September 12th (the morning of JoEllen's wedding - see post below), I ran in my very first 5K. I really never thought I would do that, EVER, because I really don't enjoy running! But I've been running with some ladies in my church and I think I'm actually starting to enjoy running! CRAZY, huh?!?! Anyway, it was tough - especially the last mile - but I did it! I definitely didn't run the whole time, but I'm ok with that. I am truly amazed at people who can run the entire time in races like these!!! The person who won the race overall was a lady and she finished in 19 minutes! I came in at double that time - 38 minutes. A very dear friend stuck with me the whole time and to her, I am very grateful! She is an amazing runner, and really could have ran ahead of me (I kept telling her to go on ahead) but she stayed with me - thanks, Becca!!! Thanks to all my other "running buddies" too! Thanks for keeping me motivated to run - love you guys! :)

No comments: