Thursday, July 30, 2009

Christmas Carol Train

On June 16th, Disney's Christmas Carol Train was at the Union Train Station here in Ogden, My sis-in-law, Beth and I decided it would be fun to take all the kids to see it. Basically it was a train that was promoting the movie that's coming to theatre's in November. If you watch the Disney channel, you'll see ads for it. Anyway, we got there when it opened (9am) and probably stood in line for about 45 minutes (which wasn't too bad cause I heard people were standing in line for 2-3 hrs!!!). Here's a picture of the train:
They had carolers out singing Christmas songs! It was kinda fun - got you in the spirit hahaha!

Some fun picture moments in front of the train:
Kason, EJ, Skyler, and Terryn

Me and Kason

Beth, Skyler, and Terryn

Here is a cool painting of Jim Carrey, who plays Mr. Scrooge in the movie:
Some really cool costumes displayed in the train:



They also had some neat books and papers on display from Charles Dickens:



I thought it was a pretty neat train, but the little kids were wondering when we were going to RIDE the train! I think it was a little too old for them, but I think they had fun anyway! At the end of the tour, we got to "morph" our faces into a character from the movie and if I can figure out how to get them on here, I will soon!

1 comment:

Kelley Rae said...

This is coming through Chicago too and MaKell really wants to go (thanks to the Disney channel and their endless advertisements for it). It's nice to hear about it from someone who's actually paying for it as opposed to those promoting it.