Monday, June 8, 2009

The Big Boy Bed

I'm not sure if I'm ready for this to happen yet, but I really don't want to see the Doctor again for a broken bone from falling out of the crib!!! SO..... Kason is now in a twin bed!!! It looks kinda funny - this tiny boy in this "huge" bed, but he LOVES it! Shawn's sister had an extra bed frame and said we could have it, all we needed was the mattress for it. We went shopping for the mattress and Kason wouldn't even sit on the bed at the store, so I thought for sure this was going to be a painful process. But when we got home from getting the mattress, we laid it out on the living room floor and he ran and jumped on it and was so excited! We got the bed frame this past Saturday and he was so eager to help Daddy put it together. Then once all together, he was climbing on it, then off it, just totally loving it!!!

Helpin Daddy!

All put together with the quilt I made him on it

So Saturday night, he slept really well in it (he did come out of his room about 10 minutes after we put him to bed, then I rocked him to sleep, but he slept the rest of the night just fine). Shawn put him down for a nap yesterday and he decided to play with toys for 2 hours instead haha! Then last night he went right to sleep when we put him down! When I put him down for his nap today, he got up twice to play with toys, but I was on him!!! Unlike my husband (hehehe love you Shawny), I went in his room and made him lay down and on the third time, he got the hint and went to sleep. So I'm way excited about the bed, but not too excited about Kason growing up!!! But I guess it's got to happen eventually...

1 comment:

Kelley Rae said...

Great job an the quilt - and yay for the big boy bed. I'm glad he's doing okay with it!